Tuesday

Photography Final: Cityscapes

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 14mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/4.9
TV: 1/100 sec
Flash: None

I took this picture mostly for the composition and the detail. Because it was cloudy out I shot at a lower aperture to let in as much light as possible. I also had my ISO at 100 so everything would stay nice and sharp without grain.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 13mm
ISO: 400
AV: f/4.4
TV: 1 sec
Flash: None

 I took this picture right after I got to Stavanger, Norway, and used the same settings that worked in Rome for my night shots. I used a lower aperture to let in a lot of light, and I did a 1 second exposure to let in even more. I also had my ISO set at 400 to help with the exposure too.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 200
AV: f/4.2
TV: 1 sec
Flash: None

I played around a lot with the settings for this shot and finally settled with something I liked. With the ISO at 200 it wasn't too grainy, and with the street lights, I was able to do that, a 1 second shutter speed, and a higher aperture to make the picture properly exposed.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 200
AV: f/5.9
TV: 1/30 sec
Flash: None

I was taking this picture around sunset, and since I wanted the picture to be sharp, I adjusted my aperture to be lower than it would be in the middle of the day, and I raised my ISO so I could take pictures without any wobble or motion blur (because I apparently have a hard time holding steady). I also used my camera at the widest angle possible to catch as much of Florence as I could.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 5mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/7.6
TV: 2.5 sec
Flash: None

In this picture I slowed the shutter speed down so the carousel would be blurred, and I raised the aperture so the lights wouldn't be blown out.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 400
AV: f/3.3
TV: 1/30
Flash: None

Since I didn't have my tripod with me at the time, I raised the ISO and lowered the aperture enough so that I could take clear pictures standing up. I also used the widest angle I could on my camera so I could catch the entire doorway.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/8.3
TV: 1/100
Flash: None

Since it was bright outside when I took this picture I used the highest aperture I could to get everything in focus and the lowest ISO possible. Because I wanted to get the entire bell tower, I used the widest angle I could on my camera to get the full shot.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 400
AV: f/8.3
TV: 1/60
Flash: None

It was really cloudy outside when I took this picture, so I raised the ISO to 400, but because I wanted most of everything in focus I also raised the aperture to the highest setting possible.


Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/8.3
TV: 4 seconds
Flash: None

I had a lot of fun with this picture, but it was a special challenge for me because the sun hadn't set yet. It took several tries to get it right, and many of the times I either over-exposed the picture, or the people and vehicles weren't blurred enough for them to almost disappear. After a while, I finally settled on a 4 second exposure with a really low ISO and a high aperture. I still had to adjust the exposure in lightroom, but not as much as I would have with several of the other pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment