Tuesday

Photography Final: Religious

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/3
TV:1/1600 sec
Flash: None

This picture was taken outside the house of the Vestal Virgins near the beginning of the semester, and I think I had my camera in auto mode (or in landscape mode, I can't remember which), but I wanted to focus on the texture of her clothes and the overall composition of the picture.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 4mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/4
TV:1/1000 sec
Flash: None

I had my camera set in AV mode for this picture, and I wanted the aperture to be on the lower end to emphasize the cross. I liked the contrast in lights and darks on it, and I like how the cross could make for a very interesting composition.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 16mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/4.1
TV:1/400 sec
Flash: None

I had my camera in aperture priority for this, and I kept my camera at a lower aperture so that the majority of the focus would be on the angel's face. I also had my ISO set at 100 so it would be sharp.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:160mm
ISO: 125
AV: f/5.5
TV:1/500 sec
Flash: None

I zoomed in a lot for this picture, and used the lowest aperture possible for the amount of zoom I was using on my camera. Because I was shooting this picture from so far away, I also had to have a higher shutter speed so there wouldn't be a blur if I had a hard time holding steady. I ended up taking several of this same shot before I came out with one I liked.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 8mm
ISO: 500
AV: f/7.6
TV: 1/13
Flash: None

I really wanted to take a shot of the candles in a few of the churches, and I decided that instead of letting them blur out quickly, I would use a higher aperture to get many of the candles in focus, as well as to keep the candles from being over-exposed. Because I was in a dark church I had my ISO set on auto, but now that I think about it, I wish I had double checked it to be sure it was set where I wanted it to be. However, I still like the picture and I think it turned out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment