Tuesday

Photography Final: Portraits

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:24mm
ISO:100
AV: f/4.3
TV: 1/100
Flash: None

I used a large amount of zoom on my camera to take this picture, and made sure to lower the aperture so that the donkey would be in focus while the rest of the background faded away. Also, because it was bright outside my shutter speed was fast enough to prevent motion blur, and the picture turned out nice and sharp. I think this is my favorite picture in the portrait section.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 71mm
ISO:800
AV: f/4.8
TV: 1/40 sec
Flash: None

Usually when I'm in a museum I keep my ISO on auto, but I adjusted the aperture so that his face (mostly his eyes) would be in focus while everything else blurred out gradually.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:58mm
ISO:100
AV: f/4.8
TV: 1/320 sec
Flash: None

Portraits are my hardest subject, but since portraits are supposed to be more in focus than the rest of the picture I had my aperture as low as I could with the amount of zoom I was using.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 180mm
ISO: 100
AV:f/5.9
TV:1/140 sec
Flash: None

Again, I used the lowest aperture that I could with the amount of zoom that I was using. I also had the ISO at 100 to make the picture less grainy.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 84mm
ISO:100
AV:f/4.9
TV:1/200 sec
Flash: None

I really like this picture, because it's very rare to see someone walking down the street looking so happy. I used a lot of zoom on this picture, and I had my aperture as low as possible for the amount of zoom. When I was working on editing this photo I had a difficult time with the crop and color adjustments, but I finally settled on a closer crop than I had originally planned.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:125mm
ISO:100
AV:f/6.2
TV:1/130 sec
Flash: None

I took this picture because I really liked the contrast between the lady's red jacket and the green trees behind it. I really zoomed in on this lady, and even though the aperture is really high for my camera, somehow it ended up with a really narrow depth of field. The ISO was also set at 100 so the picture would have as little grain as possible.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:49mm
ISO: 200
AV:f/4.7
TV: 1/200 sec
Flash: None

It was a little cloudy outside the day I took this picture, so I had my ISO set at 200 instead of 100. I also used my zoom to get in close, but I still ended up cropping out a lot of the photo . Last, but not least, I used the lowest aperture I could for the amount of zoom I was using to blur the background and keep focus on his face.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 30mm
ISO:400
AV:f/4.5
TV:1/160 sec
Flash: None

 As usual with my portrait type pictures, I kept my aperture as low as possible for the amount of zoom. However, I think I must have had my ISO set on low range auto because I would have normally used an aperture of 100 instead of 400. Even with that being the case, the picture still turned out nice and there doesn't seem to be too much grain.

Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length:30mm
ISO:200
AV:f/4.5
TV:1/160 sec
Flash: None

It was cloudy when I took this picture, so I had the ISO set at 200, and as usual I had my aperture as low as possible.
Camera: Nikon Coolpix P510
Lens: N/A
Focal Length: 24mm
ISO: 100
AV: f/4.3
TV: 1/125 sec
Flash: None

This picture was particularly hard to edit, but I really wanted to include it in my portraits (mostly because it's obvious how much Michaela loves having her picture taken). The biggest problem I had with this picture, was that there was someone standing behind her with a bright red and white polka-dotted dress. It was really distracting, and now matter how many times I ran an adjustment brush over it, it refused to tone down. After trying that I opened up photoshop and completely blurred and desaturated the background. That helped a little, but it was still obvious that someone was behind her walking around. I really didn't want to crop as close as I did, but I ended up doing it to cut out on the distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment